Everyone needs some time out to refuel and relax from the incessant hustle and bustle of life. At such a time of rest, you just want to do nothing except enjoy the environment, observe beautiful scenery, and have a great time with loved ones. Sad thing is, we often do not know when to take a break! If you’re thinking about it right now, then it’s probably time to take that break this summer. If you’re frustrated with work and you feel like you’re burning out, then your vacation is perhaps overdue.
CHOOSING A HOLIDAY DESTINATION
After deciding to take a break/vacation, one common struggle people often encounter is ‘Destination’. It’s not a great feeling having planned a budget only to not enjoy your vacation afterwards. Google processes millions of searches on vacation destinations on a monthly basis. People search for a place where they can:
- Relax and do nothing with no set schedule in a tranquil environment
- Explore their adventurous sides
- Escape a demanding job, bad breakup or the loss of a loved one
- Strengthen romantic and family relationships
- Celebrate a birthday, anniversary, a graduation or wedding
NIGERIA’S LOVELIEST PLACES FOR A BEAUTIFUL SUMMER HOLIDAY
Nigeria is home to over 200 million people and covers 923,768 square kilometres landmass, with beautiful sights thoughtfully spread across its tropics. If you are one of such people looking for a relaxation/vacation destination with any of the above qualities, then come along as we explore five of the loveliest places you could visit in the most populous black country in the world to have the experience of a lifetime.
- JABI BOAT CLUB
Have you ever fantasized about having dinner with your partner in a tranquil environment while watching the night skies, in a boat suspended in water? If yes, then Jabi Boat Club is the place to go! The man-made lake located at Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city, is designed to offer water-based recreational activities such as jet skiing, boat rides and lots more to cater to its adventurous, fun-loving and experience seeking members.
If you’re a food lover, you also get to have an assortment of scrumptious meals in their world class wood house restaurant, alongside the most professional and detail-oriented staff. Spending time at Jabi Boat Club is, definitely, time and money well spent.
2. DREAMWORLD AFRICANA
A lot of times, work and daily routine can cause a build up of tension within. A great way to unwind and relieve this tension completely is a visit to Dreamworld Africana at Lekki in Lagos State, Nigeria. Dreamworld Africana in an amusement and theme park which provides many attractions to keep its visitors excited. Some of these attractions include: wet and dry facilities, bumper cars, carousal, roller coaster, trains, merry-go-rounds, toddler play areas, bouncing castles, and game arcades to the drop tower.
From the great variety of fun and engaging facilities provided by this park, you’d easily see that it’s a place for the whole family to visit, unwind and relax.
3. OBUDU MOUNTAIN RESORT
This particular destination will appeal greatly to you because of the tranquillity that presides in this environment. So if you love peace and quiet and are looking for a place to relax and calm your nerves, escape the everyday chaos, and explore your adventurous side, then you should visit Obudu Mountain Resort. This resort located in Obudu, Cross River State, southern Nigeria has a plethora of pleasant and picturesque mountain-area and country-side views to pleasure your eyes for a lifetime. The mountains really are a sweet sight.
Top on the to-do of Obudu Mountain Resort visitors is hiking. Other activities include:
- visiting the luxury spa for a rejuvenating session,
- experiencing the three course a-la-carte dinner with local wine or beer
- Canopy walk on a 100 metre swinging bridge suspended above the forest (a personal note: although this activity can help you unwind, it is not for the faint-hearted)
- Riding in the cable car and lots more.
The lodges are exquisite and strategically built to allow visitors feast on the beautiful scenery from their beds.
4. YANKARI NATIONAL PARK
Visiting and experiencing Yankari National Park in Bauchi, north-eastern Nigeria has a way of fostering healthy family relationships while on a vacation. There are so many safe and secure, fun spots and activities/experiences for the whole family to enjoy.
Some of the beautiful spots and activities/experiences here include:
- Wikki warm springs: Herein lie crystal clear waters which flow into a beautiful 200 meters by 10 meters and nearly two meters deep lake. This is Mother Nature’s answer to a spa with a consistent temperature of 31°C, making it the perfect spot for a swim.
- Yankari game reserve: The Yankari game reserve is the highlight of every visit to the National Park. With a rich and diversifying array of wildlife consisting of over 50 mammal species and 350 bird species, you’d be thoroughly entertained if you enjoy seeing animals in their natural habitat. The reserve also boasts of exquisite yet affordable rooms, restaurants with delicious local and international cuisine, top-notch security and constant power supply.
- The famous Marshall Caves: Full of paintings and engravings from a time past, a walk in the Marshall caves will take you on a historic journey
5. LEKKI CONSERVATION CENTRE
If you and your partner share a love and appreciation for nature, and you are at a loss as to where to take your partner, Lekki Conservation Centre in Lagos, Nigeria is certainly the answer. It is a picturesque area that offers tranquility and allows you an escape from your buzzing daily routine.
It has the longest canopy walkway in Africa of about 401 meters (again, not for the faint-hearted).
You would also get the opportunity to glimpse a 95 year-old giant tortoise in its glory. There are also other assortments of animals to see. What better way to relax every summer than holding the hands of your partner while you explore the conservation center? You are sure to build lasting bonds between the both of you.
One favourite thing you can also do in Lekki Conservation Centre is PICNICKING. Spend time with your favourite person, eating the most delicious meals in one of the numerous cool raffia sheds.
Lekki Conservation Centre is all about relaxation, rejuvenating and recovering from stress.
A Beautiful Summer Experience Awaits You!!
Whether you live in Nigeria or not, these tourist friendly sites in West Africa are there to give you an amazing summer experience. Many international tourists from Europe, America, Asia and other African countries who have visited the above places have shared their experiences about holidaying in Nigeria, and recommend a time out there. You definitely will, too, when you make that trip down to any of these sites for a beautiful summer experience.