According to NISH philosophy, Detoxing is a way to get rid of the toxins or waste that is in our body. We get exposed to so many chemicals, either through the food we eat, the air we breathe,the chemicals in our cosmetic products and cleaning agents. These substances are very harmful and can cause damages to the kidneys and liver
There are different types of detox diet which ranges from total starvation fasts to juice fasts, food modification approach and the use of laxatives, diuretics, vitamins, minerals and cleansing foods.
Through the years, the food we eat , especially if it is a lot of poor quality food, can clog or get stuck inside your gut. This prevents your gut to breakdown the nutrients properly. This prevents the absorption of nutrients as well as the removal of wastes. If this persists, those toxins in the guts can begin to leach back into the system thereby causing side effects like headache, skin infection like acne and even hair loss. Therefore we need to detox to push out the toxins.
Steps Of Detoxing
- Eat lots of fiber like brown rice and lots of organic vegetables like beets, cabbage, broccoli and seaweed.
- Take Vitamin C to help the body manufacture glutathione which is a liver compound that drives toxins out.
- Take herbs like dandelion roots, milk thistle and green tea.
- Take a deep breath at intervals to help oxygen circulate throughout the body.
- Make sure you drink at least 1.5 liters of water every day.
- Engage in hydrotherapy by taking a shower for five minutes to allow water fall from your head to your toes. Do it three times and when you are done, take a 30-minute nap.
- Dry brush your skin or engage in foot baths to remove toxins from your pores.
- Sweating can help you eliminate waste in your body.
- Engage in exercise every day for example one hour yoga per day.
- Consume detox diets like vegetable detox, simple fruit, sugar detox or smoothie